- Lay a brightly colored cotton shirt on a plastic covered flat surface; place a piece of cardboard inside the shirt between the layers.
- Pour liquid bleach into a spray bottle. For different effects, you may add water to dilute the solution.
- Place cardboard cutouts, chains, keys, buttons, really whatever on top of the shirt in whatever pattern you would like.
- Use the spray bottle to spray the shirt. Those covered areas are protected from the spray so they will retain their color, the uncovered areas will begin to lose their color. (Spray gingerly, get it too wet and the cotton will absorb the bleach into the covered areas as well.)
- Take objects off shirt and flip it, while still keeping the cardboard inside the shirt.
- Repeat steps 3 &4.
- Let sit overnight.
- Wash alone so bleach will not affect other clothing.
*Wear old clothing that you don’t mind getting bleach on. Use rubber gloves to protect your hands.