I am way behind on posting, but I have been sick for the past couple of weeks and it is freezing. Perfect timing for nice hearty soups. Here is my most recent IP adventure, Loaded Potato Soup. So easy and delicious!
- 2 onions, diced
- 4 Russet Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup real bacon bits
- sea salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Parsley (optional)
- Chives (optional)
- In the Instant Pot, add chicken broth, potatoes, onions, and butter. Set on High pressure for 3 minutes.
- When done, carefully release the vent on your Instant Pot for a Quick Release. There will be a lot of steam, so be careful not to burn yourself.
- Switch the IP to Sauté, add milk, sour cream, cheese, and bacon. Stir together.
- Take your potato masher and mash your ingredients together. It is okay to have potato lumps, that is what makes it hearty. Again, be careful! This is very hot. Don’t burn yourself!
- Stir. Season to taste with Salt and Pepper. I also added chives and parsley to mine, but that is up to you.
- You are done. Serve your soup in bowls. If you are like my son, you will add more cheese, bacon, and sour cream. There is never enough. Enjoy!
*Tip* if your soup is a little runnier than you would like, thicken it with some instant mashed potato flakes. I always keep some on hand to thicken stews and soups. Just be careful you don’t add too much or you will end up with mashed potatoes instead of soup.