I did a thing tonight— I created a Facebook group called The Not Quite Superhuman Book Club. The group is a place to talk about books. There is no monthly set reading list. Simply talk about the books that have you excited and you want to share with others. All books are created equal there.
Anyone can join. In fact, most of the first members work in libraries, so there are sure to be some great recommendations. Librarians are great people, but just in case, here are some Group Rules:
- As Captain America says “Language!”. Let’s keep it clean and respectful.
- While discourse about a book is encouraged, respect the opinions of others. We all have different reasons a book made a connection with us and not everyone will agree. That is okay!
- Book links from Amazon are okay, but don’t try selling your essential oils and Tupperware here…that will get you blocked.
- No politics…things go down the rabbit hole too quickly.
- No hate speech or bullying.
This group is a work in progress. If you have ideas or would like to help moderate, let us know! Happy reading and check out the group! We would love to see you there!