As promised, here is the update on what we had for Easter Dinner– Lobster!
Did you know that Aldi sells frozen lobster tails? It is usually a special, but my Aldi seems to always have them in stock. They sell two to a package for $12.99. So I can basically serve a lobster dinner to the three of us for less than going to Red Lobster or Outback. We used to get away cheap, but my son has been expanding his food repertoire and that now includes things like sushi and lobster.
The best part about having an Instant Pot is that it means you can cook things from frozen with no thawing. So here is what I did:
- Instant Pot 6qt Duo
- Aozita Steamer Basket Rack Set with Removeable Dividers for Instant Pot Accessories
- Measuring Cup
- 6 Lobster Tails (frozen)
- 1 cup water
- Old Bay (optional)
- Lemon (optional)
- Butter (optional)
- Place 1 cup water in the Instant Pot. If adding Old Bay, do so now.
- Place rack in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place three lobster tails on the rack, shell side down.
- Place steamer basket on top of lobsters.
- Add three more lobster tails to the steamer basket.
- Close lid and vent. Set Instant Pot on Manual on High Heat for 3 minutes.
- When time is up, Quick Release so as not to over cook.
- Serve with butter and lemon. Enjoy!