My family loves bacon, but I don’t love frying it. Honestly, I need to stay far far away from a frying pan for my own safety as well for the safety of others. So I was so thankful to find this hack on how to cook it not only because it avoids the frying pan, but also because I can cook more and faster. The trick is to use your oven instead of the stovetop.
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Paper towels
- Preheat your oven to 410.
- Layer a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Next, layer your bacon strips on top of the aluminum. I like to cut my slab of bacon in half because it makes the strips more manageable.
- Place in oven for ten minutes. Depending on how crispy you like your bacon, you might need to add some more minutes, but be careful not to burn. I like my bacon extra crispy, so usually add three more minutes. My husband and son prefer theirs at the ten minute mark. –I am out numbered!
- Using tongs, transfer your bacon to a paper towel layered plate and cover with more paper. This will help soak up the grease.