Angel Food Cake in the Instant Pot
I have made several cheesecakes in my instant pot. However, once it came to posting pictures here, I always decided not to because while they have tasted very good…I am not a good cake decorator, let’s put it that way. The other night I wanted a quick desert, but already had something taking up the oven. So I wondered if I could make something like a cake in the IP. So I made an angel food cake and my son declared it to be one of the best things he has eaten that I made. Here is what I did…
- Instant Pot 6qt Duo
- Aozita Steamer Basket Rack Set with Removeable Dividers for Instant Pot Accessories
- Measuring Cup
- Rubber spatula/ bowl scrapper
- Aluminum Foil
- 1 1/2cup water (for your IP)
- 3/4 cup water (for your mix)
- 1 1/2 cup Angel Food Mix
- Canned Cherries (optional)
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Oil/Butter (to grease your pan)
1. Add the 3/4cup water to your mixer with 1.5 cups of Angel Food Mix. This is roughly half of a standard box mix. You can place the other half in a baggie for next time.
2. Whip your mix until it starts to get those meringue type peaks. Don’t over mix!
3. Grease your baking pan (I also added a parchment liner to mine) if your pan is not nonstick already.
4. Transfer your batter to your pan.
5. Place your IP inner pot in the IP with 1.5cups water.
6. Place the trivet in the inner pot of your IP.
7. Cover your cake pan with foil. This is to prevent moisture from dripping on top of your cake.
8. Place cake pan on trivet in the IP.
9. Close the lid and vent. Set on Manual on High for 28 minutes.
10. When done, do a Quick Pressure Release. Your pan with be hot, carefully remove from the IP and take foil off.
11. Top with your favorite toppings. We used canned cherry pie filling and whipped cream.
It was so light and fluffy. This is definitely a keeper. I am also glad I can use my cheesecake pan for other purposes. Now I think I am going to go eat some leftover cake.