I Tried Acorn Squash in the Instant Pot…Yum!
Since purchasing my Instant Pot, I have tried cooking a lot of new foods I was hesitant to try before. Different varieties of squash probably being the biggest. I have learned that I don’t like Spaghetti Squash no matter how it is prepared, but love Butternut Squash (check out my soup recipe here!). Aldi has Acorn Squash on sale this week, so I thought, why not? I purchased two (for less than $1.50!), but could only fit one in the Instant Pot once I cut it in half. I was worried it would not be enough for my family of three. But it turned out that one was enough of a side for us and both my husband and son enjoyed it. So win-win!
Here is what I did:
- Instant Pot Trivet
- Measuring Cup
- Cutting board
- Acorn Squash
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbs butter
- Wash Acorn Squash and remove any labels.
- Cut Acorn Squash in half and, using a spoon, scoop out any seeds.
- Place water and trivet in inner pot of IP.
- Place Acorn Squash side by side, cut side up on trivet.
- Place 1tbs butter in each half, season with salt and pepper.
- Close lid and seal vent. Set at Manual on High pressure for 5 minutes. NPR for 15 min.
- When done, careful remove from pot using tongs or a large spoon.
2 Replies to “I Tried Acorn Squash in the Instant Pot…Yum!”
Hi trying out your recipe and don’t know what “NPR 15 minutes ” means.
Natural Pressure Release. Let it sit for about 15 minutes before you release the pressure. 🙂