I love getting creative with food. It is one of my go to small “c” everyday types of creativity. I have not really been discussing my blog much with friends, but I shared my beef stew recipe with a friend who wanted to know what my favorite goto recipes were for the Instant Pot. She didn’t realize at first that the link I sent her for this blog was actually my blog. When I told her that you can also use the IP to make rotisserie style chicken, she requested that for the next post. So here is my Faux-tisserie Chicken recipe. Enjoy!
- Instant Pot 6qt Duo
- Instant Pot Trivet
- Small bowl
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoons
- Cutting Board
- Paper Towel
- Whole Chicken (small enough to fit in your inner pot)
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Parsley
- 1/4 tsp crushed dried Rosemary
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Onion
- 2 sprigs fresh Rosemary
- Olive Oil ( see instructions for amount)
- Remove the gizzards from the inside of your chicken. Depending on the brand, you might not have this in yours, but don’t forget to check!
- Pour a small amount of Olive Oil onto a paper towel. Use this to rub the skin of the chicken with oil. The amount of oil used depends on the size of your bird. Don’t skip this step though or you will have trouble with the next step!
- Turn your IP onto Sauté mode. When heated, place your chicken in the inner pot for 3-4 minutes. Then flip the bird over and repeat for the other side. Be careful not to burn the skin! See this is why I told you to grease up that bird…did you skip that part and now have your chicken stuck to the bottom of your pot?
- Turn off your IP and carefully remove the chicken from the IP inner pot using tongs. Place on cutting board.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze juice onto the chicken. Stuff the squeezed rinds inside the chicken.
- Cut the onion into fourths. Stuff the inside of the chicken with the onion.
- Stuff Rosemary sprigs inside the chicken.
- Mix your dry spices together in a small bowl. Rub this spice mixture all over your chicken.
- Pour chicken broth into the IP inner pot. Place your trivet inside the pot.
- Return the chicken to the inner pot, breast side up on top of the trivet.
- Close lid and seal the vent. Set on Manual on High for 25 minutes. NPR for 15 minutes.
- Using tongs, remove the chicken from the IP to a serving dish.
- Let rest before serving. —You could also place the chicken under the broiler for a few minutes if you want crispier skin. As you can see, we thought it was good as is…
You will have liquid leftover in the pot. Turn your IP back to Sauté. Mix water with cornstarch. When boiling, pour the cornstarch mixture into the liquid while stirring with a whisk. This makes a great gravy. Adjust the amount of cornstarch depending on how thick you want your gravy. The thicker the mixture, the thicker your gravy. I used 1/4 cup cornstarch to one cup water.